Newgrange Design, located in Wakefield, MA, is currently seeking an experienced PCB Designer to join our growing team. Our employees are the key to our success and we are looking for another great addition to the company. Newgrange Design is a small, innovative business that focuses on customer service while designing the latest technology. Projects we work on are used in medicine, scientific research, alternative energy, consumer products, defense, and many other fields.
This position is best suited for someone with experience working in a variety of board technologies and preferably in two of the following three tools: Altium, Cadence/Allegro, and PADs. We are looking for someone who can interact directly with engineers, interpret a schematic, footprint, place, route, and deliver a board independently and at the highest levels of quality. We frequently work in HDI, Flex, High Speed, High Current, and High Voltage. We work in medical, defense, consumer electronics, research equipment, power, robotics and telecom.
Great personal and communication skills are important for both internal and external interaction. The PCB Designer must be able to speak and write clearly when describing complicated issues, whether it is in person, over the phone or through email. We are looking for a team player, someone who is hardworking, friendly, energetic and eager to learn.The PCB Designer will:
- Aid in our QA processes
- Develop CAD (Computer Aided Design) models
- Create and check footprints according to IPC or some other variant
- Interface with customers directly with questions relating to the board layout
- Implement design constraints for different design technologies
- Generate outputs required for mechanical review, fabrication and assembly
- BS or BA degree
- 3-6 years PCB Design experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Fast learner, flexible, and a good problem solver
- Experience with DFM/DFA standards across different technologies
- Experience one of the following CAD tools: Altium, Allegro, PADS
- Experience with Rigid-flex, HDI, Analog, and Digital designs is preferred
- Knowledge of different library database systems is a plus
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Permanent U.S. Resident
This is a full time, hourly position with great benefits, including health and dental insurance, 401K as well as vacation time. If you don’t want to be a small fish in a big pond, and do want to work in an environment where your contributions matter, send your resume to: HR@newgrangedesign.com.