PCB Design Assistant
Newgrange Design, located in Wakefield, MA, is currently seeking an Entry Level PCB Design Assistant position to join our growing team of excellent designers. We are looking for a recent Math or Physics grad who enjoys solving problems and discovering how things work.
Newgrange Design is a small innovative business that focuses on customer service while designing the latest technology. Our employees are the key to our success and we are looking for another great player to add to our team. We will train the new hire from the ground up and no prior experience in electronics is needed. We are looking for a team player, someone who is hardworking, friendly, energetic and eager to learn.
The first several months are spent in training and are meant to provide some of the fundamentals of the PCB design process (which is a hybrid between electrical and mechanical engineering that builds on the skill sets developed in the math and physics major). After some training, the PCB Design Assistant will:
- Aid in our QA processes
- Develop CAD (Computer Aided Design) models
- Create and check footprints according to IPC or some other variant
- Interface with customers about questions on footprints
- Setup basic rules in a design
- Create Mechanical Setups
- Gerber Setups
Once trained, the exciting, challenging, and always changing world of developing new electronic products opens up. Projects we work on are used in medicine, scientific research, alternative energy, consumer products, defense, and many other fields.Requirements/Qualifications:
- BS or BA with a Math or Physics (or related) major
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail is crucial in this role
- Fast learner, flexible, and a good problem solver
- Great personal and communication skills for internal and external interaction
- Ability to speak and write clearly when describing complicated issues
- 0-3 years experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Permanent U.S. Resident
This is a full time position with a starting salary of $55,000 annually with great benefits, including health/dental/vision/life insurance, PTO, tuition reimbursement, LTD, and a 401K program.
If you don't want to be a small fish in a big pond, and do want to work in an environment where your contributions matter, please send your cover letter (including GPA) and resume to: HR@newgrangedesign.com