Are you a natural leader seeking a new management role in a thriving industry? Newgrange Design, located in Wakefield, MA, is expanding to include a Team Manager. This is a people management position that will support the current team and our planned growth this year. Newgrange Design is currently a 30 person business that provides electrical engineering services with a focus on PCB Design. Our work contributes to the fields of biomedical engineering, scientific research, robotics, consumer products, defense, and many other fields. We take pride in the way our work impacts the world. We are looking for another great contributor to add to our existing all-star team.
In this role the Team Manager will provide people management to a team of 8-10 technical designers as well as developing and maintaining great relationships with our customers. People management includes coaching, supporting, solving problems, driving positive results while remaining dedicated to our people centered approach. We are a healthy, positive organization that wants to maintain our culture as we grow. If you are looking to manage a team, this is a great opportunity to utilize and grow your management skills. Previous PCB Design experience not expected or needed to succeed in this role.
- Help build and maintain high performing PCB Design teams.
- Provide leadership to meet team goals. Remove roadblocks that hinder productivity.
- Support your team and advocate for your team members. Promote career and professional development goals for team members.
- Facilitate collaboration and success within team and across all teams in the organization.
- Solve problems effectively.
- Promote and deepen our relationships with our customers.
- Provide leadership to ensure customer requirements are defined, understood, and fulfilled.
- Determine optimal resource allocation to customer projects based on technical assessment (team and individual level tasking), workload capacity, and project difficulty.
- Ensure the PCB Designers are proactively communicating with their customers to ensure they are complying with customer requirements while meeting customer deadlines.
- Work with PCB Manager and the Training Team to make sure PCB Design team members are trained properly and fully functional.
- Ensure technical and professional excellence of team members.
- Promote an ultra-quality mindset and fully enable the team to employ practices that result in quality solutions.
- Ensure compliance of all Company Policies and Procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand company organizational objectives and priorities while driving detailed level actions.
- Great personal and communication skills for internal and external interaction.
- Thrives and excels managing to deadlines in a results-oriented field.
- Organized, hardworking, friendly, energetic, and positive personality who enjoys leading and motivating others to reach challenging goals.
- Ability to speak and write clearly when describing complicated issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Leadership and management experience required.
- BS or BA degree, Engineering, Engineering Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications preferred but not required.
- Junior Military Officers with an analytical or technical background would be highly considered.
- Prior experience as a part of a technical or engineering team is a plus but not required.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Permanent U.S. Resident.
This is a full time position with great benefits, including bonus, health/dental insurance and vacation time.
Newgrange Design normally operates out of our single office in Wakefield. Part of our response to the Covid Pandemic is that we are working from home. This is going very well for us. We expect aspects of this will continue for the foreseeable future.
Salary: $68,000 - $73,000 annually.
If you don't want to be a small fish in a big pond, and do want to work in an environment where your contributions matter, send your resume to: HR@newgrangedesign.com