Are you a natural leader ready to take the next step into an entry level management role on a team in the growing electrical engineering services field? Newgrange Design, located in Wakefield, MA, is expanding to include an Assistant Manager to the PCB Design group. This position will support the current and planned growth of our team. Newgrange Design is a small, innovative business that provides electrical engineering services with a focus on PCB Design. Our designs are used in the fields of biomedical engineering, scientific research, robotics, consumer products, defense, and many other fields. We are looking for another great contributor to add to our existing all-star team.
In this role the Assistant Manager will provide leadership within the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design team to help support both our customers and coworkers as we deliver designs and overall support to the electronic design field. You will have the opportunity to lead a team and grow your management skills.
- Help build and maintain high performing PCB Design teams
- Assist PCB Manager to develop and manage our PCB Design teams
- Provide leadership to promote a positive, hardworking, healthy, and fulfilling workplace
- Facilitate whole team collaboration and success
- Continuously assess and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to guide whole team productivity
- Assist PCB Manager to work with customers and to maintain and deepen our relationship with them
- Provide leadership to ensure customer requirements are defined, understood, and fulfilled
- Determine optimal resource allocation to customer projects based on technical assessment (team and individual level tasking), workload capacity, and project difficulty
- Ensure the PCB Designers are proactively communicating with their customers to ensure they are complying with customer requirements while meeting customer deadlines
- Work with PCB Manager and the Training Team to make sure PCB Design team members are trained properly and fully functional
- Ensure technical and professional excellence of team members
- Promote an ultra-quality mindset and fully enable the team to employ practices that result in quality solutions
- Ensure compliance of all Company Policies and Procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand company organizational objectives and priorities while driving detailed level actions
- Great personal and communication skills for internal and external interaction
- Thrives and excels managing to tight deadlines in a results-oriented field.
- Organized, hardworking, friendly, energetic, and positive personality who enjoys leading and motivating others to reach challenging goals.
- Ability to speak and write clearly when describing complicated issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Leadership experience required
- BS or BA degree, Engineering or Engineering/Management preferred but not required
- Junior Military Officers with an analytical or technical background would be highly considered
- Prior experience as a part of a technical or engineering team is a plus but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Permanent U.S. Resident
This is a full time position with great benefits, including bonus, health/dental insurance and vacation time.
If you don't want to be a small fish in a big pond, and do want to work in an environment where your contributions matter, send your resume to: HR@newgrangedesign.com