Director of People and Operations
Are you a skilled people and operations professional looking for your next opportunity? Newgrange Design, located in Wakefield, MA, is expanding their team to include a Director of People and Operations to support the growth and expansion of their services.
The Director of People and Operations supports the growth and day-to-day operations of Newgrange Design by managing people operations, business operations, processes, vendors, and analytics. The Director of People and Operations manages a high impact team consisting of people operations, business operations, finance, and IT professionals.
- Create and maintain policies and oversee their implementation.
- Align benefit offering with Newgrange's core values and promote employee productivity.
- Analyze employee productivity and strategize with President for continuous improvement.
- Negotiate benefit contracts including but not limited to brokers, retirement, voluntary benefits and all other benefit and perk contracts.
- Lead the selection of new ATS and HCM/HRIS as needs are identified.
- Develop and implement guidelines for employee evaluations, recruitment and promotion.
- Create a compensation structure to incentivize employee alignment with business goals.
- Develop internal leaders and identify when external talent must be added to promote growth.
- Evaluate and scale existing training program for optimal new hire onboarding.
- Work closely with HR consultants to promote employee engagement, conduct succession planning, and build an organizational structure which aligns with growth strategy.
- Continuously evaluate organizational structure to meet the needs of the organization as it expands.
- Liase with President to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Support President's vision and create programs which further that vision.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Manage IT consultants and internal stakeholders to meet business needs and optimize spend including delegating tasks internally to reduce reliance on consultants.
- Review legal agreements with vendors, consultants, and clients and recommend changes to agreements that reflect the best interests of Newgrange.
- Understand and advise on the requirements of government contractors including but not limited to FAR/DFAR and EEOC.
- Provide general legal interpretation and advice.
- Promote the growth and expansion of Newgrange through managing sales and marketing professionals.
- Oversee purchasing.
- Oversee the office space (choosing new space, negotiating lease, develop buildout, maintenance, cleaning).
- Oversee Special Projects that are one time or short lived tasks needed to help us grow.
General and Administrative
- Ensure Newgrange is partnered with external partners and vendors that share its “All-Star” mentality.
- Identify office management needs and delegate the necessary work or hire additional talent to meet the needs of the organization.
- Coordinate I.T. needs with existing contractors/vendors and identify and resolve unmet needs.
- Supervise direct reports and provide constructive feedback.
- Identify opportunities for growth and strategies to close skill gaps.
- Communicate with a wide range of employees.
- Able to motivate and provide constructive feedback to employees.
- Computer literate and able to pick up new software.
- Advanced in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Capable of handling a range of employee relations issues.
- Function independently within company guidelines.
- We serve each other, our customers, and their customers.
- We strive for excellence.
- We solve problems.
- We recognize that it is people we work for and with, not boards.
- We seek to improve the human condition through our work.
- We are grateful for the opportunity to work with our customers and coworkers.
- We act and speak honestly.
- We invest in our people and our organization.
Critical business points that must be considered as we make decisions
- We remain aware of the importance of positive cash flow and profitability.
- We choose to grow (revenue, head count, our influence in designing hardware).
- We will develop and work within processes but always remain flexible enough to put the needs of the customer ahead of the process.
- We think about the long term when we make decisions about our organization.
- We realize that the strength and weakness of our team is the people. We need to recruit the best candidates, consistently train them both in technical and non-technical ways, and retain them for at least some decent amount of time. We also need to understand that not every employee is a good fit here.
- We have to be committed to keeping the quality of our team high.
- Implement Newgrange policies and procedures and ensures guidelines are followed by all.
- Manage a team of direct reports consisting of finance, IT, people operations, and business operations professionals.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- File and move boxes including the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Spend the majority of the workday looking at a computer screen.
- Use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type & Hours
This is a full time position with the majority of work conducted Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred
- Five years' experience in startup or growth oriented company directing human resources, finances, operations, or strategies.
- SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Either first-hand experience or directly managing someone in communications, IT, Accounting, Training, HR, Legal, and special projects.
- Citizen of the United States of America or an alien who has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence as evidenced by a Permanent Resident Card (USCIS I-551).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Health and Dental insurance
If you don't want to be a small fish in a big pond, and do want to work in an environment where your contributions matter, send your resume to: HR@newgrangedesign.com