ECAD (Electronic Computer Aided Design) Librarian
Newgrange Design, located in Wakefield, MA, is currently seeking an ECAD (Electronic Computer Aided Design) Librarian to join our growing PCB Design team. If you have experience and excel as an ECAD Librarian, enjoy working with people, and want to work with a growing and stable company, this is an exciting opportunity.
The ECAD Librarian is a critical new position within our organization. The job helps support and improve the efficiency of our PCB team and entails a subset of the full range of PCB Design tasks including:
- Track and manage creation of new symbols, checklists, part updates in various ECAD systems (Allegro/Altium)
- Manage and implement Altium Vault, Orcad CIS and various types of library systems
- Aid in documentation management for board designs
- Participate in Design team meetings as needed
- Support any mechanical design needs that come up using Solidworks and other mechanical engineering tools
The most important thing we are looking for is experience. We want someone who has done this before and has been good at it. This is not an entry level position and we hope the successful candidate would hit the ground running. However, we do expect there to be some training to make sure we are on the same wavelength. We would expect results quickly to maintain the same high standards we currently hold ourselves to. This position is best suited for someone with outstanding organizational skills and who cares compulsively about the quality of their work. The ideal candidate would also need to have customer service skills to deal with the large variety of customers we encounter both internally and externally.
The ECAD Librarian must be able to speak and write clearly when describing complicated issues, whether it is in person, over the phone or through email. We are looking for a team player, someone who is hardworking, friendly, energetic and eager to learn.Requirements/Qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of experience in ECAD/PCB/EDA library development and management
- BS or BA degree, Electrical, Industrial or relevant technology STEM degree, or 5+ years experience
- Experience with a parts request system and library management practices
- Understanding of the ECAD/PCB layout design and manufacturing process a plus
- Experience with Altium or Allegro
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and/or Permanent U.S. Resident
This is a full time with great benefits, including health and dental insurance as well as vacation time.
If you don't want to be a small fish in a big pond, and do want to work in an environment where your contributions matter, send your resume to: HR@newgrangedesign.com